DFBC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Dawson Football Booster Club distributes $15,000 of scholarship money each spring to eligible 12th grade football players.
Scholarship application packets are distributed after winter break.
Purpose of the Scholarship:
The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize student leadership potential, achievement in scholastics and to foster enthusiasm for learning by encouraging success through the pursuit of higher education.
The DFBC will award $15,000 in scholarships to assist selected students with tuition, fees, books and on-campus room and board. Payment will be distributed directly to the institution upon verification of enrollment. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship awarded to student-athletes.
Athletes that have received a full athletic scholarship to any college or university are NOT eligible to receive an award from DFBC. The following requirements must be met by the Dec. 15 of the athlete’s senior year:
Family: (verified by DFBC board members)
- Family membership in DFBC for each year of Dawson High School football participation*
- Family volunteer service in at least two DFBC approved events for each year of DHS football participation*
- Be a traditional college student entering a four-year college or university, junior college, trade school or community college and be enrolled full-time
- GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (supplied by Dawson High School counselor)
- Completed essay on assigned topic
- Completed community service in at least two DFBC approved community events each year of Dawson High School football participation*
- One letter of recommendation from either a teacher, school advisor, community service organization or employer. One completed coach’s recommendation form.
- Completed application by designated deadline
*Eligibility Make Up Guidelines:
- A student who fails to meet the requirements for any given year will have the opportunity to “make up” ONE year by any of the following methods:
- Family may purchase one additional DFBC membership in a later year
- Family may volunteer for up to two additional DFBC volunteer events in a later year
- Student may participate in up to two additional DFBC community service events in a later year