We are getting closer to being able to release the plan for Strength and Speed Camp and Sport Specific Training each day. I apologize for the delay, but we want to make sure we are doing things the right way…
There are a few things that I would like to pass along at this time:
1. Your son needs to be drinking water. When we begin, they will be in the weight room for approximately 40 min. and outside for approximately 40 min. Being hydrated is important, and they can’t wait until the day before to start worrying about it. When they come to camp, they will need to bring their own water bottle. Due to the restrictions we must follow, we are unable to provide water for the athletes. We can’t allow any of the athletes to share water bottles or drink from a water fountain, so it is very important that they bring their own water.
2. It is recommended for each athlete to bring his own towel to the workouts. In an effort to keep the surfaces they will be working on clean, it is a good idea for them to use their towel. When we are doing bench press, incline, core work on the floor, or any other activity where they are laying on a surface, they will be able to place their towel down on that surface.
3. It is recommended that the athletes have a mask when they come to camp.
4. They will need to have athletic shoes (flats, tennis shoes) and cleats each day. Slides or Crocks will not be allowed.
5. Registration – The cost will be $100, there will not be a late or walk up fee this year. We will send out the registration guidelines early next week. If the athlete is bringing their registration and payment on June 8th, they must have it completed when they get here. Parents will not be allowed in the building with their son.
6. Drop off and pick up times – The schedule for the kids will be different this summer. In order to stay within the guidelines from our district and the UIL, it is very important that the athletes are dropped off at the correct time and picked up from camp at the given time. We are required to follow a strict schedule and can’t have the athletes waiting around in groups while not in their camp session.
This schedule will allow us to meet the standards that have been set by UIL and by our district. This schedule is subject to change as the restrictions and guidelines from the UIL change. We will assign the athletes to groups when we have collected all of the information from the survey that was sent out yesterday. If you didn’t receive the survey, you can click the link below.
Student Athlete Questionnaire
Our goal is to have the groups assigned by Tuesday. We will send that information out to you and then have an athlete/parent zoom meeting Thursday evening to go over all of the rules for camp.
The camp schedule will be run in groups of 36 athletes at a time. Below you will see how these groups will be coming through camp.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Strength Camp)
Group Blue wt room Transition Turf
1 7:00-7:40 10 min 7:50-8:30
2 7:50-8:30 10 min 8:40-9:20
3 8:40-9:20 10 min 9:30-10:10
4 9:30-10:10 10 min 10:20-11:00
5 10:20-11:00 10 min 11:10-11:50
6 11:10-11:50 10 min 12:00-12:40
* 36 athletes in each group, 216 athletes total
Tuesday, Thursday (Sport Specific Training) Groups
1 7:00-8:00 Freshmen
2 8:30-9:30 Group 2
3 10:00-11:00 Group 3
* Must be able to keep a 15 athletes to 1 coach ratio
** 10/1 ratio if we have to move inside
The dates of camp are as follows: (Monday – Friday)
June 29-July 2 (no camp on July 3)
July 6-11 NO CAMP
July 20-24 NO CAMP
Football Practices begin August 3rd. I appreciate your patience throughout this process. I understand the difficulties of planning transportation, family vacations, child care, and all of the other things that happen, but you can be sure that we are taking every precaution we can to keep your son safe and healthy.
We will send out more information as we have it.